History of Lace
Types of Lace Panties
Lace panties come in a variety of styles, from bikinis to thongs. Since lace is somewhat see-through, women desiring a return to femininity will find that lace provides an exquisite look and feel. Lace conveys a delicate beauty, and many women prefer lace panties over silk or satin.
Shopping for Panties
Purchasing lace panties is really no different than shopping for other undergarments. If you shop in a retail lingerie store, inspect the lace carefully to ensure that it is durable. Many cheaper products do not wash or wear well, and over time the lace may rip. Be sure to check the washing instructions since most lace lingerie requires washing by hand.
If you decide to purchase lace panties online, there are a number of sites that carry them, in a variety of styles, and at different price points. Read descriptions carefully to see what the material is and again, review the care instructions. The following is just a sampling of lace panties you can purchase online:
- Victoria’s Secret invisible lace hiphugger, $14.
- Victoria’s Secret stretch lace thong, $14.
- Victoria’s Secret stretch lace boyshort, $14.
- Victoria’s Secret lace and satin hiphugger, $16.
- Victoria’s Secret stretch lace thong, $14-$16.
- Victoria’s Secret lace cheeky panty, $14.
- Pierre Silber stretch lace tanga panty, $10.
- Pierre Silber lace boyshorts, $7.
- Pierre Silber lace bikini panty, $10.
- Frederick’s of Hollywood lace panty, $13-$20.
- Frederick’s of Hollywood lace thong, $8.
- Ultimo hi-leg lace brief, $18.
- La Mystere Lara low rider thong, $28.
- Fantasie of England serenity thong, $23.
- Fantasie of England lace brief, $38.
Caring for Lace Lingerie
Lace is a delicate fabric, but with gentle care, you can really prolong the life of this beautiful fabric. Of course, lace undergarments cannot just be thrown in with the regular wash because the agitation can be very damaging. Lace lingerie typically requires more gentle treatment to keep them in good condition. The following are a few tips for caring for your lace lingerie:
- Do not use harsh detergents since they can damage delicate lace.
- Do not dry clean lace garments.
- Do not use bleach.
- Do not place lace garments in a dryer because the heat may damage the fabric.
- Do not iron. The lace is too delicate for the heat of an iron.
To launder your lace panties:
- Fill a sink with lukewarm water and add a small amount of gentle detergent.
- Gently agitate the water and soak for several minutes.
- Rinse the lace garment and squeeze the water out, being careful not to wring the garment. Pat the garment with a towel or roll it into a towel to absorb the water.
- Lay flat or hang to dry.
Overall, use gentle care with this delicate fabric. Your lace garments will last longer and look nicer by just taking a little extra time when cleaning. If the washing instructions on your lace panties recommend a gentle cycle, you can certainly do that, but you may want to wash them by hand to extend the life of the garments.